Walter R. McDonald & Associates, Inc. (WRMA) currently has an opening for a Business Analyst to work on a long term project in Tallahassee, Florida.
The Business Analyst will provide effective project management on a multi-layered project initiative, primarily offering structure and guidance in the areas of analysis, training, implementation, and change readiness. Primary responsibilities include acting as a Project Management Office (PMO) resource for managers leading these areas, providing project support for completing impact analysis of selected software application to the State's current business processes, conducting extensive planning and requirements gathering, data collection and analysis, issues and risk management, project plan and project budget development, and reviewing work pieces and deliverable documentation to protect the State's project interests.
- Elicit and document user requirements for new systems and system enhancements; document functional and technical requirements.
- Complete change management documentation and coordinates approvals according to departmental procedures.
- Collaborate with information technology staff to ensure requirements are met throughout the systems development life cycle.
- Conduct interviews, perform workflow analysis, document scope and objectives, and participate in design sessions.
- Evaluate impact of solution alternatives, perform cost/benefit analysis, analyze constraints, and assess risk to support go/no go and build/buy decision-making.
- Assist in the preparation of detailed specifications, addressing scope and boundaries of the system, data requirements, algorithms, user functions, forms and reports, workflow, interfaces, security, audit trails, and business continuity requirements.
- Develop and maintain implementation and conversion plans.
- Develop and implement training and test plans.
- Assist in development and maintenance of project plans; assist in coordinating project reporting.
- Develop test scenarios; prepare user acceptance test documentation; collaborate with system users to conduct user acceptance testing.
- Prepare technical systems documentation, user manuals and online help.
- Monitor system compliance with established IT policies, procedures, guidelines, plans and standards.
- Perform analysis to help resolve application problems.
- May collaborate with other technical staff to perform unit testing, integration testing, production simulation and load testing, and network testing.
- Bachelor's degree 3 or more years of relevant work experience with preference in social services area
- Effective written and oral communication
- Communicate data interpretations and analysis
- Technical and quantitative aptitude
- Critical thinking
- Problem recognition and solving
- Demonstrated ability to integrate knowledge and learning
Working at WRMA can provide for a very fulfilling and rewarding career. The contributions our employees make to our mission of improving the lives of children and families are invaluable to us. We offer opportunities for personal growth, competitive salaries, and a generous benefit package.
HOW TO APPLY To apply for this position, please go to our website http://wrma.iapplicants.com/searchjobs.php. We request that you include a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
WRMA is an equal opportunity employer.