Walter R. McDonald & Associates, Inc. (WRMA) currently has an opening for a Database Programmer to work on a long term project in the Rockville, MD office. WRMA is a leading provider of consulting services to human services agencies and organizations. With offices in Sacramento, California, and the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, WRMA, Inc. applies advanced technology and consulting to better the lives of children and families, advance public policy, and improve the management of social services agencies.
- Provide technical support in developing and maintaining SQL Server and MS Access database applications
- Create scripts for data maintenance or bug fixes
- Review, analyze, and document data and workflow processes
- Assist with administrative maintenance of relational databases including backup/recovery, schedule jobs, problem diagnosis and performance tuning.
- Assist with ad-hoc reports as needed
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent field is required
- SQL Server SSAS experience (OLAP cubes/Data warehouse) and VBA programming skills are required
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience developing relational database applications with a primary focus on complex SQL joins, creating scripts in a development environment, testing scripts in a quality assurance environment, and implementing large data updates into production databases
- Experience with SSIS is a plus
- Good documentation skills, application troubleshooting skills
Working at WRMA can provide for a very fulfilling and rewarding career. The contributions our employees make to our mission of improving the lives of children and families are invaluable to us. We offer opportunities for personal growth, competitive salaries, and a generous benefit package.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please go to our website http://wrma.iapplicants.com/searchjobs.php. We request that you include a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
WRMA is an equal opportunity employer.