Walter R. McDonald & Associates, Inc. (WRMA) is a leading provider of consulting services to human services governmental agencies and organizations. With offices in Sacramento, California, and the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area, WRMA applies advanced technology and consulting to better the lives of children and families, advance public policy, and improve the management of social services agencies.
We currently have an opening for a Research Manager to work in the Sacramento, CA, office to lead research and evaluation projects and work collaboratively with other research teams in the company. . One project that would be assigned to the Research Manager to lead as the Project Director is an ongoing evaluation of First 5 program early childhood services. This project requires oversight of procedures for the collection and dissemination of demographic and service data collected through a web-based information technology system and outcome data from a longitudinal survey of randomly selected parents. The evaluation also consists of training and monitoring staff at over 30 sites in Sacramento on their activities related to recruitment, consent, intake, assessment, and data entry. In addition, the Research Manager will be responsible for overseeing a smaller project evaluating services for children in foster care, and may participate in a large county level evaluation of prevention services. The person hired as Research Manager will also contribute to business development and proposals to expand WRMA’s existing portfolio of research and evaluation projects.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ph.D. in program evaluation or in a field of applied social science or health research.
- Five to 10 years of professional-level experience in designing, planning, and conducting research and program evaluation, including experience with formative and summative evaluations.
- Quantitative and statistical training and experience.
- At least five years of experience managing projects and supervising staff.
- Successful experience working as part of a team and working effectively with persons from diverse cultural, social and ethnic backgrounds.
- Excellent relationship-building skills and experience working with clients.
- Proficiency in the use of computers, Microsoft Office applications, and research software such as SPSS, ATLAS ti, and others.
- Published professional papers as well as government technical reports.
- Direct a medium sized research project.
- Design and implement appropriate research and evaluation strategies.
- Manage multiple projects, including supervising and coordinating approximately 5 project staff.
- Provide research and evaluation technical assistance to other WRMA divisions as needed.
- Maintain contact with, and participate as appropriate, with professional organizations to further business development and client relations.
- Contribute to and lead business development and proposals
- Additional related duties as needed.
Working at WRMA can provide for a very fulfilling and rewarding career. The contributions our employees make to our mission of improving the lives of children and families are invaluable to us. We offer opportunities for personal growth, competitive salaries, and a generous benefit package.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please go to our website http://wrma.iapplicants.com/searchjobs.php. We request that you include a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
WRMA is an equal opportunity employer.