Walter R. McDonald & Associates, Inc. (WRMA) is a leading provider of consulting services to human services governmental agencies and organizations. With offices in Sacramento, California, and the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area, WRMA applies advanced technology and consulting to better the lives of children and families, advance public policy, and improve the management of social services agencies.
WRMA has an immediate need for a part-time Accounting Assistant in the Sacramento, California office. General areas of responsibility include: processing payroll; processing and reconciling a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, billings, employee reimbursements, cash receipts, vendor statements, and journal vouchers; review and code financial information; prepare and process documents to disburse funds, and prepare reports; compile and review information for accuracy; and maintain records.
Skills and Qualifications
- One year of Accounting experience
- Experience in Accounts Payable and Payroll functional areas
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College coursework in Accounting is highly desirable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Accounting Systems, and payroll systems
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all matters
- Understand and interpret complex policies, procedures and regulations as they pertain to payroll activities
- Highly attentive to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize work load
- Verify, follow up and data input of all accounts payable invoices into computerized accounting system
- Responsible for timesheet notification, collection and corrections for payroll purposes on a bi-weekly basis
- Assist accounting staff with data input, data corrections and reports
- Compile accounting information for reporting purposes
- Miscellaneous administrative duties for accounting staff such as creating files, copying, updating forms, filing, mail, etc.
Working at WRMA can provide for a very fulfilling and rewarding career. The contributions our employees make to our mission of improving the lives of children and families are invaluable to us. We offer opportunities for personal growth, competitive salaries, and a generous benefit package.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please go to our website http://wrma.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-368469.html. We request that you include a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
WRMA is an equal opportunity employer.