Walter R. McDonald & Associates, Inc. (WRMA) is a leading provider of consulting services to human services governmental agencies and organizations. With offices in Sacramento, California, and the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area, WRMA applies advanced technology and consulting to better the lives of children and families, advance public policy, and improve the management of social services agencies.
The Rockville office has an immediate need for an Administrative Project Assistant to provide support to evaluation and technical assistance projects, including preparing documents, maintaining files, data entry, and meeting/event coordination.
This person will use office software and equipment to accomplish tasks as needed, maintain high professional standards, and act as a backup to the office manager as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Effective written and oral communication (editing skills a plus)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Effective time management
- Ability to multi-task
- Prior experience handling meeting and conference logistics, a plus.
- Support research, evaluation, and technical assistance projects, including:
- Operating computer software and general office equipment as needed
- Maintaining office and project files
- Contributing to preparation of project reports and other documents, including formatting, editing, and production
- Data entry
- Collaborate with more senior staff to plan and execute events, including multi-day conferences and online Webinars.
- Format and edit event materials
- Oversee travel planning for attendees and team staff
- Manage key team administrative and operations functions including maintenance of events database, calendars, and contracting
- Possibly research event logistics, venue options, and pricing
- Maintain effective communication with management and staff to support efficient project-related work.
- Represent WRMA to internal and external audiences as needed
- Solve problems through initiative, information gathering, and recommending solutions
- Additional related duties as needed.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please go to our website www.wrma.com.We request that you include a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
WRMA is an equal opportunity employer