Walter R. McDonald & Associates, Inc. (WRMA) is a leading provider of consulting services to human services agencies and organizations. With offices in Sacramento, California, and the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, WRMA, Inc. applies advanced technology and consulting to better the lives of children and families, advance public policy, and improve the management of social services agencies.
WRMA has an immediate opening in its Rockville, Maryland, office for a Research Associate to contribute to several projects that provide support to national human services initiatives.
- Reviewing and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data
- Literature reviews
- Designing and maintaining SPSS and Microsoft Excel data sets
- Developing and administering surveys, interviews, and focus groups
- Creating graphs and tables for reports
- Drafting and reviewing reports
Skills & Qualifications
- Master’s degree in program evaluation or in a field of applied social science research AND 1-2 years of relevant experience OR Bachelor’s degree in program evaluation or in a field of applied social science research AND 5 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative social science research and evaluation methods
- Competence in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience conducting basic quantitative analysis, using SPSS or equivalent software
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide range of audiences
- Experience in presenting data in accessible formats
- Basic knowledge of human services programs
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time to effectively contribute to multiple projects simultaneously in an efficient manner
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Prior experience in performance measurement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) a plus
Working at WRMA can provide for a very fulfilling and rewarding career. The contributions our employees make to our mission of improving the lives of children and families are invaluable to us. We offer opportunities for personal growth, competitive salaries, and a generous benefit package.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please go to our website http://wrma.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-380051.html. We request that you include a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
WRMA is an equal opportunity employer.